What lectures did I like 🧐🧐🧐🤔🤔

Lecture/fishbowl 1. The first lecture or fishbowl was Antigone and how it was about what morals what were more important and about going your own way. It was the first lecture we did in the semester, and I still remember it. The fishbowl we did was about the conflict between Creon and Antigone on burying her Polyneices. It made me think about what values I treasured more, whether it was obeying the rules or being loyal to friends and family. I tried to put myself in Antigone's shoes to see what I wold do. It is a hard choice, but it made me contemplate. I still don't know, which makes me realize the strength Antigone had.
Lecture/fishbowl 2. The second lecture that stuck with me was gender inequality with A Streetcar Named Desire. There were a lot of lectures that came from this story, but gender inequality was the most prominent to me. It is a big issue, even in today's society. Stella and Blanche are completely inferior to Stanley. The way Stanley treats the two of them reinforces the idea. This is a serious issue and discussing it really showed how much of that is in modern society.
Lecture/fishbowl 3. My third favorite lecture was the last lecture we did, on life, and about how people live according to others standards. The poem that was discussed was Identity. It talked about someone not wanting to be a flower, but rather an ugly weed that doesn't obey the rues and lives how it wants, being different. Many people are just following the crowd today, and few are going off by them selves. Even people who do live there lives, are seeking acceptance by others. It takes someone special who doesn't care about fitting in or gaining popularity. All these lectures and fishbowls are absolutely prevalent in real life.

Comments